Skip to main content
Pages and Files
email for help
use Search box above.
Daily Driver Call
Ishido - All
Ishido - New Hire
Ishido - QuickBase
Teams - DB
Top Wiki Editors - Past 90 Days
Managed by Talent Management Team
Ok Ishido Gang, we need the Buzz words for Lifebushido!!
This page is designed to help New Ishidos get caught up on the Jargon Dujour of Lifebushido. Everyone knows when starting out there are catch phrases and jargon that only Ishidos can understand, so if you have a word or phrase that needs to be defined, let us know!!
*For acronyms only
- Amagooplebook is a Lifebushido microventure for small business entrepreneurs to leverage Amazon, Google, Apple, and Facebooks free and paid services to grow their business.
- Giving the client an option to reply within a specified time to decline or make changes and if we don't hear back then we consider it an OK to get the work going.
- Any Ishido a client loves is an awesome Ishido!
- An adjective used to describe an Ishido who is reliable, responsive and a Rockstar!
- Best Agent Business, Alternate Meaning - Bring A Brownie...I think this one is self explanatory.
- A baby born to an Ishido while working for Lifebushido
- Blackberry Messenger (ask Jen Hartline for alternate meaning :-D )
- Steve Kantor, President of Lifebushido.
- Self explanatory - use when needed.
- Bushido is a word from the Japanese samurai era basically meaning bold action. For the Ishido it means anything is possible if you take bold action and go for it. Example: "We need more Ishidos who want to dive in, take bushido action." Alternate meaning- how your hair looks when you first wake up. "Man,my hair was all Bushido this morning."
To the Japanese, Bushido means "Way of the Warrior" which is defined as
looking after each other without regard to your own welfare, the elimination of selfish desires, bravely facing all enemies, and keeping a stainless mind. The closest American equivalent is the act of being chivalrous. Daitan'na kōdō is the pronunciation of the Japanese kanji for "bold action" and there is no word for "anything is possible," outside of "hope," because the Japanese culture is one based in acceptance, as opposed to accomplishment. The "way of the warrior" is to help and protect, by defending against and correcting the actions of others, in a calm and efficient manner; not to employ bold action in the pursuit of possibilities.
- The act of being bushido ( see above) in an over-enthusiastic way. "This is a bushidoooeeeyyy kind of day"
- A single-mindedness of focus on all things relating to one's business-type activities
- Not an appropriate one word opener of how you are feeling at a meeting with Steve. If you use this word you will be in big trouble.
- Coined by Kate Bay Jaramillo. After baking delicious brownies for Steve as a Secret Santa gift, KBJ became the ChefIshido and will bake and send brownies to awesome clients!
- Close of business - ie) 5pm Eastern time zone Monday - Friday. Alternate meaning- how corn grows.
- aka KA Core - a group of long-standing KA which have been with Lifebushido 2+ years, working together to kaizen the KA experience. This group includes mentors for each of the personality types and are responsible for KA Training & Development as well as client-work relationships.
DB - Database
- a team at LB , something Ishidos are required to update monthly. Alternate meanings- Defensive Back- a position player in football and DiamondBack- a venomous snake,
the MLB team that plays in Arizona and a brand of mountain bike.
- Steve's In House Assistants.
- Items necessary to the sustenance of certain Ishidos, particularly within the Marketing teams; also used as symbols of appreciation for work well done, although unfortunately this is usually done virtually.
Elephant in St. Louis
- Don't ask!
- An interesting fact/statistic involving an ishido.
- Key Assistant Trainees in the 4 week Fast Training Course for Key Assistants.
- Face Book Picture of the week. What the kudos list does to avoid "real" work on Fridays.
Fizbos also FSBO
- For Sale By Owner. Alternate meaning: A drink made with seltzer, vodka and cranberry juice .
- Ishidos that reside in the state of FL, which apparently FL is in the running for having the most ishidos.
The people we work with that develop into more than just co-workers. Example, Happy Birthday, Friendshido. Alternate meaning - cramming 2 people to work together and they become friends, haha.
Gross Commission Income. This ties in nicely with upgrades - the higher the GCI, the higher the opportunity for clients to upgrade. Alternate Meaning - there's not enough money (bacon) coming in to keep the bacon cold (electric bill didn't get pd.) so it rotted.
- Means knowledge. Steve Kantor's first business was also "Gnossos" Alternate Meaning - a term used when something is extremely cool..."Man that is so Gnossos!!" It is usually prefaced by the word, "Dude!"
- This is a very boring one word opener for how you are feeling at a Steve meeting. Do not use this word. Try to be more creative.
Good Good -
Term Steve uses when he's pleased with something. It will usually pretense a nice complement. ie) Good Good. You write really good systems.
- The great team members of Lifebushido.
Steve's reaction to something particularly funny - When I read the wiki I guffawed.
InHouse Assistant. We will use this term going forward when referring to a client's inhouse assistant.
- Term used by Erin Disseler referring to Lifebushido.
The language of the day, refers to the words used by an Ishido in referring to a common item used in everyday Ishido life. Alternate meaning - Jargon Dujour can also be referring to the type of alphabet soup you ordered at lunch today: ie " Steve had the Jargon Dujour along with salad and bread sticks for lunch .
- Pronounced Castle. What you get when KA CS and TL (TLT and KAT included) all work together, or the infamous phone list for ishido staff (after 5 years of asking). That KACSTL group is 'A' rated! Alternate meaning- The future home of Prince George of the UK.
- Making something a little bit better, improve. Example: "Add your ideas for team and kaizen below." might be an instruction you see on a project. Alternate meaning- refers to the alien race first encountered by Jean Luc Picard on the Planet Kaiser..famous for their bread making skills.
- Any ishido that has worked with Lifebushido over 1000 days!
LG99 (Lead Generation 99)
- 5 hours of complimentary services worth $99.00
- 3 out of 100 ishidos on payroll are men. These greatly outnumbered ishidos are referred to as our manshidos.
- Fun graphics supplied by Melissa Eades after a kudos email goes out. Example: Steve hopes to get an upgrade so he can get a melpic!
- A cat owned by a Lifebushido employee. Or, a cat that owns a Lifebushido employee.
- The Military Ishidos, those that have ties to our military. Currently they make up 13% of the ishidos that are active with LB!
- A cow owned by a Lifebushido employee.
Taking bold action to ensure sales leads puke at the thought of losing money if they don't sign up for Best Agent Business so we can get them organized!
or QuickBase- Database where information for Lifebushido is entered and stored. You also enter your Goal Actions here. Example: " Enter your findings in QB spreadsheet." Alternate Meaning - a sports term from baseball when a fielder gets to the base before the runner but forgets to tag him. Additional meaning- the most important position in football
- Ishidos who were
Shaken but not Stirred
by the 5.8 earthquake that hit the Northeast on August 23, 2011. We have written a book on published accounts from Quakeshidos and created a video that can be seen by clicking
- A sexy secret at Lifebushido. Coined accidentally on 8/17/12 when we also learned what a BAB is.
- The women of Lifebushido.
- A system is a written document of the steps to get something done. Example: "This page is system for handling research items mailed from Steve." Alternate meaning- a biological term to describe a group of organs ( stomach,intestine, liver) working together to perform specific functions needed to work properly. Ishidos are a system ,working together to help Lifebushido work efficiently.
- A great client report or something sinners may say in church - sometimes hard to tell the distinction.
- Something that is pretty good but sorta not clearly defined. If Steve calls something a Thingie, that is a show of admiration and respect. Sort of like "NEI is a pretty good thingie."
- Time Happiness Money Program
- Time Management Challenge
- A small grouping of Ishidos. Example: " Brainstorm with your Triangle and get back to me." Alternate meaning - The instrument Steve played in high school marching band.
- The end result of the process by which one Ishido has clarified items to another so that the latter enters a euphoric state of complete understanding.
- Unique Talents what all ishidos possess. Alternate meaning Under Tagged, when ishidos don't post frequently enough to Steve's Facebook.
- Forum board for Ishidos with tips and for board discussions. Example: " I found the information at the Watercooler forum." Alternate meaning: ICE
- Way To Go!
- The life source of Lifebushido. Information Center for all Ishidos. A wealth of information can be found from jobs available, team info and general information on Lifebushido. Example: " You can find Job Openings for Ishidos on Wiki." Alternate meaning - the official term for the noise made by rappers when they "record scratch".
- What one does when overcoming an extreme obstacle with the wikis. The sense of relief it brings, you just can't help but move to celebrate! If you know what the dance actually looks like feel free to post it or send it to
to upload to our YouTube account.
- How working on or in a wiki makes most ishidos feel. Used in a sentence - Man I'm a wikidiot! Alternate meaning - we could eat it.
- What outdated wiki pages become and can confuse anyone and everyone. Alternate meaning, the yellow gunk in the corner of the eye.
Wine and Pizza
- What Steve has on Thursday nights when Jen & Jelly are having wine.
The act of uncontrollable ranting from an individual. This is usually associated with an inability to listen and fascination with ones own verbal abilities. Used in sentence- I'm not surprised, he is known to word vomit when excited.
Additional terms can be found at
Lifebushido Business Concepts
, which includes a list of terms used in Lifebushido business ventures.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"